For customer specific solutions - from laboratory-scale process technology to production systems for the medical sector
Munich 1972. The Olympic slogan "Higher, faster, farther" is picked up by the entire city and inspires a young process engineer. Dr. Ing. Heinrich Collin establishes an engineering design office for specialty plastic processing machinery, thereby laying the cornerstone for what will become Dr. Collin GmbH.
The company of today continues to expand and foster the spirit of innovation that characterized the founding years. In response to customer requirements, a highly motivated team has developed a range of innovative process technologies for plastics processing on the basis of this slogan.
The spectrum ranges from
- Miniaturized extrusion processes for economical and fast materials development in fields of plastics and pharmaceutical products
- Extrusion systems for product and process development that have been optimized for minimal materials usage and time requirement while ensuring reliable scale-up to a production scale
- Pilot and production systems for special and innovative plastic products as well as medical and pharmaceutical products.
Together with customers, the company time and time again has faced new engineering challenges such as the development of special films for electronic and battery applications or optical films for monitor screens. These activities have resulted in machinery lines that meet all of the requirements for development of stretched/oriented plastics. Dr. Collin® offers equipment for the following increasingly important fields of technology
- Equipment for stretching monofilaments and tape on a laboratory scale
- MDO - Stretching lines with a throughput of up to 300 kg/h
- TDO Laboratory-scale stretching lines for film and sheet with a thickness of up to 3.5 mm
- Multifilament spinning equipment for fiber technology
About 10 years ago, Dr. Collin® began to adapt its high-precision machinery to the requirements of the pharmaceutical and medical industries. This included creation of a highly qualified team to ensure compliance with FDA requirements along the entire process chain through validation and documentation.